Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Change Your Thinking: #Trust30 - Day 7 (a day late)

Change Your Thinking by Maryellen Smith
“If you can’t change your fate, change your attitude.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
At any given point in time, you’re only one thought away from changing your thinking. What thought can you change today?
(Author: Maryellen Smith)

This is essentially how I’ve decided to approach most of the trauma in my life; approach my life in general. What’s that saying? No one can make you a victim unless you allow it. This is a concept I adapted so long ago that I believe I’ve actually internalized it. I attribute this also to why I adapt and adjust so quickly when bad things happen.  What is, is. What’s done, is done.  I could bury myself in the past or move on into the future. I choose to continue moving forward. I choose to take the things I’ve been throguh, regardless of their nature, their reality, and turn them to my advantage, towards my personal growth. Even the abuse I’ve sustained I refuse to allow permanence in my actions. That’s not to say some days I don’t slip back, I do, but I don’t stay stuck there. I take what I’ve been through, what I’ve learned, and try to apply it to my future becoming a stronger version of me.
I refuse to be a victim.





(I'll be doing today's Trust30 as well once I get back from my entire morning of meetings and presentations.)

No comments:

Post a Comment