Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Happy Little Trees

So a few weeks back I decided that I was going to teach myself how to paint. I've never touched a paintbrush before in my life. Never had any formal art before. You might think that would be a deterrent. Newp. Not for me. So I've been at it off and on for a few weeks now. These are the latest in my newest hobby series. See, I have a very neat image in my head of a winter scene framed on one side by a tree. Except I don't know how to paint trees, so these were my first attempts at figuring out how to paint trees. And blend colors better. And maybe focus a little on lighting. There's so much to keep in mind!



Paint is still wet on this one

What really sucks is the lighting in my apartment and camera. The colors are so much better in proper light.

However, the whole time I'm painting my trees I have Bob Ross' voice in the back of my mind. Remember him? So soothing. Him and his happy little trees.  

No comments:

Post a Comment